The principal topics for the symposium are (but not limited to):
- Offshore wind power network connection technologies and equipment: submarine and underground cables; HVAC and HVDC connections; wind farm power quality, transient and harmonic stability.
- Operation and system stability of weak networks with wind penetration, both DC and AC infeeds.
- (Offshore) HVDC technical and economic system perspectives, including multi-terminal DC networks, DC/AC hybrid transmission.
- Submarine cable technology and lifecycle.
- Upgrades and restructuring of onshore networks with mixed usage of HVAC, HVDC, overhead lines, underground and submarine cables.
- Changes and advances to split between roles and functionalities of distribution and transmission networks. Advances in exchange of data and services between DSO and TSO.
- Eco-design and environmental concerns of offshore and onshore transmission solutions, including asset management and public acceptance.